1. Revamping the infrastructure in the tertiary health institutions
2. Report of the inter-ministerial sub-committee on critical matters in the health sector
3. Professional autonomy
4. Headship of departments/units in hospitals
5. Enhanced entry point (EEP) for medical laboratory scientists and radiographers
6. Non- payment of backlog of arrears
7. Residency training for other health professionals
8. Appointments of consultants and payment of specialist allowance
9. Surgeon general
10. National health act implementation
11. Retirement age for teaching hospital staff
12. Abolition of the position on Deputy Chairman Medical Advisory Committee DCMAC
13. Skipping of CONHESS 10 and payment of arrears in compliance with National Industrial Court of Nigeria (NICN) judgment
14. Adjustment of the CONHESS salary structure
15. Stagnation and nomenclature
16. AMLSN/BMLS issues in UCH
17. Appointment of other health professionals as consultants and payment of the specialist allowance
18. Appointment of CMDs/MDs of tertiary hospitals in accordance with the extant laws
19. Reneging on collectively bargained agreements
20. Call duty allowances for health information managers and dieticians and others
21. Sabbatical leave/annual leave
22. Pension arrears
i. Wrong and selfish interpretation of Decree 10 of 1985 the law that governs our teaching hospitals since 1985 till date;
ii. The refusal to honour and implement collectively bargained agreement since 2009.
iii. The refusal to honour Industrial Arbitration Panel and National Industrial Court Awards/Judgements.
iv. Introduction of Partisan and discriminatory remuneration packages in favour of medical practitioners.
v. Having made NMA members minister since 1999 to date, with myriads of crisis, it is strongly canvassed that in appointing a new minister of health, appointing members of Allied Health Professionals as the head of the ministry for balancing, harmony, social justice, peace and all round development will be ideal.
vi. The Abudullahi Bello Presidential Committee’s report on a harmonious work relationship amongst health workers and Professional groups in the health sector in October 2011, had made a similar recommendation.
vii. Non – Circularization and Implementation of Adjusted CONHESS Salary Structure as done for NMA.
viii. The non – circularization and implementation of the adjusted CONHESS salary structure as done for our NMA counterparts in the same sector is generating a lot of agitations in the system.
We therefore urge well meaning Nigerians, the Royal fathers and the press to intervene and prevail on Government to implement all agreements and memorandum of understanding reached with NUAHP/JOHESU on or before the expiration of the ultimatum to avert the looming industrial action.
Com. Dr. Ognonna O. C
Com. Obisesan O. A
National General Secretary