Nurse Olurotimi Julius Awojide is a Professional Nurse who works with Lagos State Health Service Commission (General Hospital Lagos) as an Assistant Director of Nursing Services.
Olurotimi has previously served as:
– President Nigeria Universities Nursing Students Association (NUNSA) , University of Ibadan
– Chairman , National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives,Lagos State Council.
– State Treasurer, Lagos State Public Service Joint Negotiating Council (JNC) .
– State Auditor, Nigeria Labour Congress,Lagos State Council (NLC)
– Member , Standard Protocols Drafting Committee for College of Nursing, Midwifery, and Public Health Nursing, Alimosho General Hospital Igando.
– State Secretary , Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP) for Nurses.
– Member , Education Committee, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives, National Headquarters, Abuja.
Board Member , Lagos State Health Facilities Monitoring and Accreditation Agency (HEFAMAA)
Board Member : Lagos State Health Maintenance Agency (LASHMA)
He was awarded as:
– An Ambassador, Ethics and Self-Value Orientation.
– Best Worker, Lagos State Health Service.
– Other several awards by different health institutions within and outside the state as well as from students bodies.
Olurotimi is very passionate about quality service delivery, team-work, and community engagement. During his days at University of Ibadan he fought against discrimination and denial of Male Nurses from participating in Midwifery Examination thus becoming the first professional male midwife from South West Nigeria with several contributions to the field of Maternal and Child Health Nursing.
– MSc in Maternal and Child Health Nursing from University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
– Bachelor of Nursing Science from University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
– Public Health Nursing from West African Health Examination Board/Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,Nigeria.
– Registered Midwife , University of Ibadan, Nigeria
– Registered Nurse , Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
He brought NANNM Lagos State Council to limelight during his tenure as the State Chairman with great achievement.
Nurse Awojide is married and blessed with children.